Getting Back To Normal Life: How To Feel Better When Depressed?
There is probably not a single person in the world, who has only ups, no downs, doubts and worries. Life brings surprises: both positive and negative. The way we treat these surprises predetermines the way we feel later.
Depression is a result of worries, pessimism, fears and doubts. It can be mild or severe, long-lasting or short, but it always affects the way we feel (broken, helpless, useless, unappreciated). So, how to feel better when depressed? Is there a single rule that can help in any situation? – Surely there isn’t, but there are tricks that will help to feel much better.
5 Tips On How To Feel Better When Depressed
- Calm down. Don’t panic. Close your eyes and take a deep breath. Imagine a calm place, where you feel great, relaxed and comfortable. Spend several minutes in that place, repeating you’re feeling fine, you are calm, you are loved, you are appreciated.
- Exercise more. When you are depressed, physical exercises distract your attention from the troubles you have, relief the symptoms of depression and anxiety. You feel enthusiastic and full of energy.
- Think and speak positively. Positive thoughts and words help to forget about negative things. Say yourself: ‘I’ll make it! It’s not very easy, but I will cope with it!’.
- Sleep more. Clear your bedroom from different distractors like computer and TV and make it comfortable enough to help you forget about problems and sleep well. While sleeping a person relaxes body and mind, and after sleep is able to make right and clear decisions.
- Consult a professional. If neither of the advice helped you, consult your doctor to learn more about possible treatment options.
Vitamins That Help With Depression
Depression is a very traumatic time. Not only mind, but also body may be injured, lacking some essential elements for a proper work. Recently scientists have proved that there is a certain number of vitamins that help with depression and are considered to be pretty effective.
Vitamin B takes the first place in such list:
- B1 plays a very important role in metabolism of carbohydrates and gives energy to the brain and the whole body. People, who lack vitamin B1 experience frequent mood changes, excessive fatigue and sleeping problems.
- Vitamin B3 helps to treat mood disorders and is considered to be a great memory enhancer. Its deficiency leads to depression and anxiety.
- Vitamin B6 regulates behavior and mood. This is why it is frequently used when treating depression. It helps to maintain a proper hormonal balance and can treat irritation, nervousness, anxiety and insomnia.
- Vitamin B12 plays a primer part in the functioning of the brain and the whole nervous system and is important as well.
Vitamins that help with depression should be consumed regardless whether you suffer from disorder or not.
10 Interesting Facts About Depression
- People with depression get colds more frequently than those, who do not suffer from this problem.
- A depressed woman can give birth early, increasing the risks for the baby.
- Depression is a common problem for people with anorexia nervosa, binge eating disorders and bulimia nervosa.
- Women suffer from depression more frequently than man do.
- The ways men and women experience depression are quite different: a woman may feel hopeless and a man feels irritation.
- One more interesting fact about depression: self-cutting and even self-burning are the primer ways in which people show they are depressed.
- Depression shortens the lives of people with cancer by several years.
- Depression can lead to inflammation that causes rheumatoid arthritis.
- Postpartum depression affects more than 10% of mothers.
- One of the most interesting facts about depression is that many famous people have experienced depression, while creating their best works: Ludwig van Beethoven, John Lennon, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Peter Tchaikovsky and others.
So, how to feel better when depressed? – Try to relax. Remember that your life is also full of happiness and joy. Forget about failures, because they can be easily vanished.